Playing HEVC in DivX Player (Windows)
UPDATE: You no longer need to use the special plug-in below to play DivX HEVC. Simply get the latest DivX Player!
The time has come for real-time up to 1080p HEVC video playback in DivX Player!
- Download and install DivX Player 9.1.3
- Download our HEVC Plugin v1.1 for DivX Web Player
- Verify that the below files are present in the DivXHEVC_Plugins_v1.1_Windows.zip file you downloaded
Installing HEVC Support
- Unzip the contents of the zip file into C:\Program Files (x86)\DivX\DivX Plus Player\DSEPlugins directory
- Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\DivX\DivX Plus Player\DSEPlugins directory
- Delete these files:
- This release includes HEVC decoder plugins,for the DivX player 9.1.3, which are HM-11.0 compliant
- Seeking is now supported during playback
- We've tested and confirmed real time 1080p playback on a 4-Core i5 with 4GB RAM with content Tears of Steel.
- Instructions above are based on Windows 7 64 bit operating system. 32 bit Windows operating systems will use "C:\Program Files\..."