DivX Web Player, or more affectionately known as "DWP", delivers a high-quality DivX video playback experience in your browser. With this preview of DWP that will be launched as part of DivX 10, HEVC MKV video up to 1080p is streamed efficiently to DWP, giving you more for less. Here's a sneak peak of what's to come. Note: if you don't already have the DivX HEVC plugins installed, follow the instructions for Windows and Mac below.
DWP in Action
Click to play DivX HEVC 1080p version
Click to play DivX HEVC 720p version
Tears of Steel is a short film by the Blender Institute. We've encoded some streams using the HM Reference Encoder for you to test, and included the muxed MKV versions we created as well. Please do not try to play HEVC streams in DivX Player, only the MKVs. NOTE: Most media players don't yet support HEVC and will not playback these videos, but DivX Player will;)
UPDATE: You no longer need to use the special plug-in below to play DivX HEVC. Simply get the latest DivX Player!
The time has come for real-time up to 1080p HEVC video playback in DivX Player!
- Download and install DivX Player 9.1.3
- Download our HEVC Plugin v1.1 for DivX Web Player
- Verify that the below files are present in the DivXHEVC_Plugins_v1.1_Windows.zip file you downloaded
Installing HEVC Support
- Unzip the contents of the zip file into C:\Program Files (x86)\DivX\DivX Plus Player\DSEPlugins directory
- Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\DivX\DivX Plus Player\DSEPlugins directory
- Delete these files:
- This release includes HEVC decoder plugins,for the DivX player 9.1.3, which are HM-11.0 compliant
- Seeking is now supported during playback
- We've tested and confirmed real time 1080p playback on a 4-Core i5 with 4GB RAM with content Tears of Steel.
- Instructions above are based on Windows 7 64 bit operating system. 32 bit Windows operating systems will use "C:\Program Files\..."
Uninstalling HEVC Support
The DivX HEVC Decoder release marks an important step on the path to delivering comprehensive HEVC video support to the DivX Community. Following the release of the DivX HEVC video profiles and our DivX HEVC Muxer, we’re proud to release the HEVC Plugin for DivX Player 9.1.3. Now you can playback the DivX HEVC streams (up to 1080p) with AAC audio you muxed into MKV.
Note that this release is for Windows and Mac, and supports real-time playback up to 1080p on a relatively recent PC. We support the features for the HM-11.0 reference encoder’s random access main configuration, including Asymmetric Motion Partitions, Transform Skip, and Sample Adaptive Offset. We also added seeking capability, as well as improved speed and performance enhancements.
Ready to decode?
- Start with these short instructions (Windows) and (MAC) on getting set up (hint: you’ll need DivX Player 9.1.3)
- For something to watch, get Tears of Steel in DivX HEVC (full version at 720p and 1080p)
We hope you’ll give our decoder a whirl, and then share your feedback. We want to know what you think about the quality and also what it'll take to get you to make the switch to HEVC.
Up next is the DivX HEVC Encoder. Stay tuned…